you will need to select five to eight culture-bound syndromes and complete the following on each row:
- The name of the culture-bound syndrome you selected.
- A description of the main symptoms and behaviors of the culture-bound syndrome.
- The DSM-5 disorder that you believe would be a possible diagnosis of your selected culture-bound syndrome.
- The key symptoms and behaviors related to your chosen DSM-5 diagnosis that relate to the culture-bound syndrome.
- A brief rationale of your choice.PSYC 2001: Cross-Cultural Psychology
Week 6 Application Assignment: Culture-Bound Syndromes and the DSM-V
Analyze perspectives on psychological disorders across cultures. What are the similarities and differences between how culture-bound syndromes and the DSM-V look at psychological behavior? Support your diagnosis and analysis with specific references to the DSM-V, the Learning Resources, and any additional research you used.
Culture-Bound Syndrome Culture-Bound Syndrome Behaviors Possible DSMDiagnosis DSM Behaviors (Criteria) Rationale for DSM diagnosis